Thursday, November 20, 2008

Addison is One!






Happy Birthday Addison! We can hardly believe that our tiny baby is already one (and no longer a tiny). I remember November 20, 2007 like it was yesterday. It was freezing (much like it is today). We got to the hospital by 7am and spent the next 2 hours getting prepped for the c-section. As I looked outside the window, I noticed some snow flakes, the first snow fall of the year. It was a truly magical day. Addison was born at 9:40am. That was the moment our lives changed, for the better.


The past year has been so full of joy. We didn't know it was possible to love someone so much. Addison is so wonderful and has such a personality. We are truly blessed that she is a part of our family.


Addy has developed leaps and bounds over the past 3 months. More specifically she:



  • is taking 10-15 steps unassisted and gaining more confidence with each step. She has started to walk, as opposed to crawl, from the coffee table to her toy bucket.


  • says "mama, dada, baba" she will try to make a "T" sound, which I believe is her way of calling LT. she also says "yeah" and will even use it in the appropriate context. for example, I will say "Addison, do you want to eat lunch?" and she will say "yeah."


  • has 8 teeth


  • is fascinated with the phone


  • loves to turn the TV on an off. as well as open and close the DVD tray

  • loves to read


  • shakes her body to dance to any music, she will also move her hands around when she dances. sometimes she dances with her body, sometimes she dances with her hands....but whenever she is dancing, she has the biggest smile and she rocks her head from side to side. we don't have any idea where she gets her love for dancing, as most of you know....neither Dave nor I were blessed with the gift of rhythm.


  • loves to play with LT




  • has mastered waving hello and good bye. she waves to anyone and everyone. but she loves waving to LT. she waves "bye bye" to LT as we go upstairs for her nap, and waves "hello" to LT when she gets up from her nap.


  • eats most anything


  • her one year appointment is next week, so we are anxious to find out how much she has grown over the past 3 months.

Our sweetie pie's 1 year old pictures:










More pictures to come, after we celebrate with cup cakes tonight! We looking forward to seeing some family and friends this weekend at Addison's birthday party! And no, there will not be any ponies or elephants at Addy's party....much to Grandma Rougeau's dismay.

xoxo,
Kristen, David and Addison

3 comments:

BeeMom said...

Happy Birthday Addison! What a big girl. I love the pictures! Is that dress from Gap? I think I ordered the same one for Mya's christmas dress!

lindsay@sixpence said...

Happy Birthday Addy! So glad to know you this year and watch you grow from a tiny baby to a little gal full of such spunk. Looking forward to celebrating with you this weekend!

xoxoxo,
Lindsay, Steve, Landon

Aunt Patty said...

Happy Birthday Addy!! So good to see all of you last weekend. Have a wonderful party.